NEXRAD Base Reflectivity
NMQ Hybrid Scan Reflectivity
NMQ Q2 1 Hour Precipitation
NMQ Q2 1-3 Day Precipitation
NWSChat Live Application
Most Recent Changes
- 14 Feb 2013: Plain text messages that contain URLs are now clickable.
- 5 Dec 2012: Added Tribal Boundaries as an overlay option.
- 1 May 2012: Added NWS Fire Weather Zones as an overlay option.
- 12 Mar 2012: The "All Chats" tab introduced an instability by giving the web
browser too much work to do. This would cause the browser to report a script
is busy error or other poor things would happen. The "All Chats" tab has been
adjusted to only load new messages after you join the room.
- 30 Jan 2012: Updated colors used to differentiate chatroom authors to hopefully
be a bit more distinguishable.
"NWSChat Live" is a pure web browser instant messaging client
for NWSChat. The purpose of the application is to provide users
with a painless means to join the NWSChat conversation without
installing third party software or worrying about local network
firewalls. Since this application runs purely over HTTPS
(port 443) and without third party browser plugins, almost all users
should be able to run this application without local modifications.
The only requirement is for a modern web browser that supports
This application is under rapid development
and may contain bugs. Please report bugs and suggestions to
Please be sure to mention the version and brand of web browser
Audio Alert Credits
- Bleep Noise, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by Mike Koenig
- Cow, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by BuffBill84
- Door Bell, Sampling Plus 1.0, Recorded by akanimbus
- EAS Tone, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by Mike Koenig
- Elevator, Sampling Plus 1.0, Recorded by Corsica